- How did your journey with CrossFit Northland began? How long have you been a member of CrossFit Northland? What made you decide to do CrossFit at that time? I was invited to CFN by Danielle Kohler. Her and I were working out at a globo gym when she dropped into CFN and told me “I had to go”. I was hooked ever since. I am coming up on 9 year this October.
- Tell us about your fitness/health background? (Have you always been active? Played sports growing up? Tried other gym settings? Workout at home?) I have played soccer since I was 5 and love competitive sports. I have been active my whole life, but really lost my desire to workout at a regular gym. There was no community, like team sports provided. I was drawn to Crossfit because it resembled the feeling of working as a team toward a goal – stronger, faster, healthier. Even if we were in different places of our fitness journey, when the WOD was finished, it was like we all won (because we made it out alive )
- How has CFN played a role in your life outside of the gym? Well most of my close friends are CFN members and most of my son’s friends are CFN members’ kids. I moved around a lot having a father in the military and never had friendships longer than a couple of years. It’s been refreshing having a group of people so stable in my life.
- What are some changes you’ve noticed in yourself during your time here at CFN? (Physically, mentally, capabilities, daily life, etc.) Man, a lot. I have used Crossfit to stay healthy through 2 pregnancies, give me mental support, make me skinny, make me stronger and sometimes just to stay moving. My goals as a member have changed so many times in so many ways and yet Crossfit (and our coaches) have helped me achieve them. And even some years, I thought I may be done with Crossfit, David sat with me and realigned my goals which reinforced why I was drawn to this community.
- In your opinion, what is the most valuable aspect of Crossfit Northland? Growth. No matter where you are in your fitness journey there is always room for growth. You never “out-grow” CFN, it always finds a way to teach you something.
- What is your favorite CFN memory? Oh there are so many! Between running in an alleyway that smelled like pizza and trash, playing crab ball and getting a bit too competitive, NEON WILD and competing in multiple competition with my bestie- so many that stand out.
- What would you tell someone that is considering joining a CrossFit gym? Every workout is doable for any fitness level!
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? To see a week’s worth of WODs so I can cherry pick the ones I want to attend.
Our classes combine cardio with strength training in a variety of ways. No matter how frequently you attend, you won’t feel like you’re doing the same exercises again and again. These high-intensity classes are an hour long.
Although yoga may seem contrary to the high intensity of our group classes, our classes perfectly complement your other workout experiences improving your flexibility. We have experienced instructors to guide you through lessons.
Our memberships come with open gym time so that you can come and train on your schedule. During open gym sessions, you can come in for unguided gym time and work toward your fitness goals. The coaching staff is available to assist you during any open gym session.
Youth Programs Pricing
A once-off joining fee of $45 applies and is additional to the fees below