- How did your journey with CrossFit Northland began? How long have you been a member of CrossFit Northland? What made you decide to do CrossFit at that time? I was invited to CFN by Danielle Kohler. Her and I were working out at a globo gym when she dropped into CFN and told me “I had to go”. I was hooked ever since. I am coming up on 9 year this October.
- Tell us about your fitness/health background? (Have you always been active? Played sports growing up? Tried other gym settings? Workout at home?) I have played soccer since I was 5 and love competitive sports. I have been active my whole life, but really lost my desire to workout at a regular gym. There was no community, like team sports provided. I was drawn to Crossfit because it resembled the feeling of working as a team toward a goal – stronger, faster, healthier. Even if we were in different places of our fitness journey, when the WOD was finished, it was like we all won (because we made it out alive )
- How has CFN played a role in your life outside of the gym? Well most of my close friends are CFN members and most of my son’s friends are CFN members’ kids. I moved around a lot having a father in the military and never had friendships longer than a couple of years. It’s been refreshing having a group of people so stable in my life.
- What are some changes you’ve noticed in yourself during your time here at CFN? (Physically, mentally, capabilities, daily life, etc.) Man, a lot. I have used Crossfit to stay healthy through 2 pregnancies, give me mental support, make me skinny, make me stronger and sometimes just to stay moving. My goals as a member have changed so many times in so many ways and yet Crossfit (and our coaches) have helped me achieve them. And even some years, I thought I may be done with Crossfit, David sat with me and realigned my goals which reinforced why I was drawn to this community.
- In your opinion, what is the most valuable aspect of Crossfit Northland? Growth. No matter where you are in your fitness journey there is always room for growth. You never “out-grow” CFN, it always finds a way to teach you something.
- What is your favorite CFN memory? Oh there are so many! Between running in an alleyway that smelled like pizza and trash, playing crab ball and getting a bit too competitive, NEON WILD and competing in multiple competition with my bestie- so many that stand out.
- What would you tell someone that is considering joining a CrossFit gym? Every workout is doable for any fitness level!
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? To see a week’s worth of WODs so I can cherry pick the ones I want to attend.
Skip to content
Book a free intro today so we can learn all about you, your goals and how we can help you reach them