- How long have you been a member of CrossFit Northland?
I’ve been a member of CrossFit Northland for a little over 6 months
- What brought you into CFN?
Honestly, my wife Sara and I (mostly Sara)were looking for something outside of the traditional gym. We were burnt out from our daily routine and she decided to reach out to CrossFit Northland. So I’ll give her the credit for the positive change.
- Tell us about your fitness/health background? (Did you play sports growing up? Try other gym settings? Workout at home?)
I grew up playing soccer and football until the middle of high school. I then focused on weightlifting class throughout high school. After high school, I stopped working out completely for 5 years and paid for it. I decided at that point that exercising would have a permanent place in my daily routine. I mixed different varieties of running into my training and weightlifting at a traditional gym.
- What are some changes you’ve noticed in yourself during your time here at CFN? (Physically, mentally, capabilities, daily life, etc.)
I’m a technician at Lexus and the job can be physically demanding at times. I have noticed that I don’t fatigue like I used to while at work, since joining CFN.
- What kinds of things can you do now, that you were not able to do when you first started CrossFit? (inside or outside of the gym)
I wasn’t able to perform handstand push-ups, bar muscle ups or double unders before starting at CFN. I can now perform these movements with confidence.
- What motivates you and keeps you coming back for more week after week?
What keeps me motivated to come into the gym week after week is the constant challenge of perfecting the workout movements. I’ve started to learn that the tiny details really help.
- In your opinion, what is the most valuable aspect of CrossFit Northland?
I believe that the coaching is the most important aspect of CrossFit Northland. I really appreciate the coaches’ attention to detail with every workout movement, form and intensity.
- What do you hope to accomplish in the future here at CFN?
I’d like to eventually enter a local CrossFit competition.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
If I could have one superpower it would be super speed, similar to The Flash.