- Why did you join Crossfit Northland? I joined CFN with years of pressure from Guido Trinidad, and a few other friends, and after several failed attempts at box gyms like Genesis, at home workouts like Billy Blanks, Beachbody, 21 Day Fix, Couch to 5K…yeah, I’ve tried them all, and with some success, but nothing that was sustainable, at least for me. So after reaching my largest weight ever, feeling awful, tired, no energy, weak, heart burn, and nothing fit in my closet, I said I’m going!
- What’s been your biggest accomplishment? So far I would say that I’m still going 4-5 days a week, and I am still enjoying it every time I wake up, I actually look forward to 7:00am, I look forward every day checking the Wodify app, looking at the workout for the next day, seeing who else will be there with me, I really feel like I am part of a team again. It’s what I’ve been missing for 20 years since I was done playing football in college.
- What are you working on now? Right now I am working on my pull up skills, kipping pulls ups to be exact. I am almost to a point I can do a kipping pull up! Can’t believe I’m saying that, my first day in the gym I could barely hang on the bar without everything hurting! I’m also still working on my diet, staying away from sweets and late night snacks, it’s an on going battle!
- What’s your favorite Crossfit Northland memory? So far I would say the Christmas Eve workout, I brought my oldest son in, Jax who’s 15, and he loved the workout, everyone was so welcoming, as they are to me. It was great working out with my son. Another good memory is actually from the workout today, I was dying, I mean ready to give up, we had to do 5 rounds and after 3 I was torched, but I had 3-4 people, and my coach, Casey, rooting me on, to keep going, to finish, and I finished. To me, that’s why you go to CrossFit Northland, the people want you to succeed, especially the coaches. No matter what level you are at, and I was at a low level! I always thought you needed to be in pretty good shape to start CrossFit, you don’t, just start!
- What motivates you to continue training at Crossfit Northland? My results are my reason, proof is in the pudding! In 3 months I’m down 21lbs of fat, almost 7% body fat, an increase of almost 7 lbs of muscle! Down 12lbs total and all of my clothes fit better, I have more energy, I feel so much stronger, and no more heart burn!! Even sleeping so much better! I can’t wait for my next workout tomorrow morning at 7:00am with my team!
Skip to content
Book a free intro today so we can learn all about you, your goals and how we can help you reach them