- How long have you been a member of CrossFit Northland?
I have been with CrossFit Northland for approx 9 months! (Crazy how fast time flies!)
- What brought you into CFN?
I had been interested in CrossFit for several years. Luckily, my oldest trains soccer right next door and one day I just decided to walk over and get started!
- Tell us about your fitness/health background? (Did you play sports growing up? Try other gym settings? Workout at home?)
I was a Division I college gymnast and competed several years at NIU. After tearing my ACL/meniscus twice, my specialty became bars and beam through my college days! After my “retirement” from gymnastics, I took several years off but then quickly realized how much I missed working out! I joined a gym and took classes they offered and before joining CFN trained with a personal trainer for a couple of years!
- What kinds of things can you do now that you were not able to do when you first started CrossFit? (inside or outside of the gym)
I wasn’t able to do bar muscle ups (still questionable at times, lol), rope climbs, double unders and several of the lifts! I am still working on each and everyone of these things but am able to do them with a bit more confidence!
- What motivates you and keeps you coming back for more week after week?
What keeps me motivated to keep coming back is the internal challenge of getting better and stronger! Every little bit adds up and consistency is key!
- In your opinion, what is the most valuable aspect of CrossFit Northland?
I think the most valuable aspects at CFN are both the coaches and community! I am super appreciative of their knowledge and always being readily available with all my questions!
- What do you hope to accomplish in the future here at CFN?
Maybe one day competing in a CrossFit competition or advancing at least 1 round in a cross fit open!