- How long have you been a member of CrossFit Northland? Just over a year. My first class after Elements was a HERO WOD for July 4th, 2020. I thought “WTH did I get myself into here?!?!?”
- What brought you into CFN? The incredible Becca Starr. We started at our current employer a week apart in May 2020 and she peer pressured me into it.. lol
- Tell us about your fitness/health background? (Did you play sports growing up? Try other gym settings? Workout at home?) Easy to say I’m probably healthier now than I have ever been in my adult life. I swam four years of high school but had never worked out regularly since then until my late 30s. I started running because it was cheap. I was newly divorced with three kids to support. I’ve tried other activities (zumba, spin classes, cycling) that I loved but the cost had always been a stumbling block. CFN is a treat I do for myself now physically and mentally.
- What are some changes you’ve noticed during your fitness journey at CFN (Physically, mentally, capabilities, daily life, etc.) I just feel more capable, if that makes sense. Whether it be running a half marathon (8/28/21), trying new things, or juggling life, I just feel like I can figure it out. It may not always be pretty, but it will happen and I will get through it.
- How has CrossFit Northland played a role in the overall health of yourself? Not only has it given me coaching (thanks David, Steve, Casey, Becca, Brooks, Julie and Garrett) and guidance to try new things, it has given me a community of people that help make it fun…. even when I want to give David a big .
- What motivates you and keeps you coming back week after week? It’s the music, totally. ABBA during a workout is the best!!! Seriously, because it is challenging and ever changing, I like the variety. I don’t want to grow old gracefully. I want to kick its ass.
- In your opinion, what is the most valuable aspect of CrossFit Northland? The coaches! But also the fellow classmates that cheer you on. Everyone needs a cheering section!
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? A super fast metabolism!
- What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone that is considering joining a CrossFit gym? Look cute on your last Elements Class or the pic will haunt you forever… Oh wait that’s for AFTER they have joined the gym. I would say just suck it up buttercup and go for it. I am a firm believer in that you never regret the things you did but rather the things you didn’t do. So try it! The worst thing that could happen, in my opinion, is that you don’t love it. You’ve lost nothing but gained experience and knowledge.
Skip to content
Fill out the form below to get started
Take the first step towards getting the results that you want!
Book a free intro today so we can learn all about you, your goals and how we can help you reach them