- How long have you been a member of CrossFit Northland?
I’ve been a member of CrossFit Northland since October 2021.
- What brought you into CFN?
I needed a change to my workout regime and had done a few classes of CrossFit before and enjoyed them.
- Tell us about your fitness/health background? (Did you play sports growing up? Try other gym settings? Workout at home?)
I have been working out since I was 17. I played sports all through my junior year of college. I used to be a personal trainer before moving to KC. I have tried the small gyms and the big gyms.
- What are some changes you’ve noticed during your fitness journey at CFN (Physically, mentally, capabilities, daily life, etc.)
I have gotten stronger physically. I’ve learned that I am capable of doing more things than I thought I could like overhead squats!
- What is your favorite thing about CFN?
My favorite part of CFN is that everyone is so supportive of each other in every aspect of life.
- What motivates you and keeps you coming back for more week after week?
The mental changes I have made in the few months of coming and being able to keep moving later in life – plus trying to get in shape for my wedding in July!
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
If I could have a super power, it would be healing!
- What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone that is considering joining a CrossFit gym?
Take the chance on it. It will be worth it in the end!