Name: Michael Orallo
- How long have you been a member of CrossFit Northland?
- What brought you into CFN?
I wanted a good coaching team that is invested in the success of the members. I had been trying to get back in shape by myself and hadn’t had any luck since the pandemic. I’ve always thought about doing CrossFit since I like lifting weights, but the timing was never right. This year seemed like the year and I needed a big boost. I think I picked the right option for me!
- Tell us about your fitness/health background?
I played soccer and ran track and cross country. I’ve worked out at home, gyms and did title boxing. I like staying active and doing things. CrossFit has always been something I had wondered about since its functional lifting.
- What are some changes you’ve noticed during your fitness journey at CFN?
Physically I’m stronger than I’ve been in a few years. I’ve definitely discovered some muscles I’ve never actively tried to workout before. My shoulders have always been terrible and CrossFit (Brooks and David specifically ) have really helped me out. I have lost the pandemic and baby weight I put on. Well not lost actual weight, but turned it into muscle weight. I have more stamina than I’ve had in years and proud of the things my body can do now. Mentally I’m starting to get more confidence again and proud of the hard work I’ve put in. It’s nice to be part of a good welcoming community.
- What is your favorite part of CFN?
My favorite part of CFN is how the coaches work with us and how welcoming everyone is. The 6pm crew isn’t bad either!
- What motivates you and keeps you coming back for more week after week?
I’m motivated to keep going back by the progress I’ve seen and by the coaches. The coaches really care about our success. I feel I’m healthier than I’ve been in years.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
I’m a Superman guy. Can I actually just say I’d like to have Superman powers? That’s one power I think!
- What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone that is considering joining a CrossFit gym?
If you’re motivated to get healthy, CrossFit is a good fit. It is designed to accept all people and help them achieve their fitness goals.